Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dusk Maiden

This post may serve as a reminder, or maybe news to some of you, but I enjoy watching anime. This past week I finished watching the show Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, and I figured why not say a few words about it.


The show is about the ghost of a girl who haunts the local school, and no one can see her. This ghost is unable to remember her past and how she died, so she can't find peace but for the same reason she isn't vengeful either. One day a freshman wanders into the old school building and surprisingly can see her. Not long after meeting they decide to try and find out the girls past, and they start a club which also attracts two other members.

That's the brief synopsis, and while the show had potential I found it to be lacking. I watched the entire thing mainly because it was the only series I was following this past season, so I was patient with it's initial lack of story development. Something did have going for it though was beautiful artwork. The gaudy background images of the old school building where the characters held club meetings was impressive in my onion, which really helped to improve the show's quality. The overall story was ok, but as I said, it took some time to get going. A few episodes were unexpected and there were some decent twists; However, the ending was disappointing. The writers for some reason chose to shy away from a decisive conclusion, and ended up creating a last minute happy ending. I don’t' have a problem with "Happily Ever After", but when it's suddenly conjured out of thin air I always have complaints.

Start to finish Dusk Maiden of Amnesia was an ok show, and certainly not the worst anime I've ever watched. However, I won't be fondly looking back at it, assuming I even remember it.

----Strife Out----

No comments:

Google+